"Fur" to Open Rome's First International Film Festival
At least "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" will have something to mark on aside from its starry cast. The drama biopic has delightfully been selected to open the first Rome International Film Festival on October 13 this year, the organizers of the event have announced Friday, August 25.
In the meantime, its leading actress, Nicole Kidman, will also make a presence on the opening day. "I love Italy and I feel great affinity with it," so the beauty said in a statement issued by organizers of the festival. "I am especially proud to be christening this important event." With this confirmation, however, Kidman's appearance inevitably will add to a debate in Italy over the rivalry between the Rome event and Venice Film Festival for she had been the headline star at the latter one two years ago.
A directorial work of Steven Shainberg, "Fur" chronicles the life of U.S photographer Diane Arbus, portrayed by Kidman, who was widely known for her strange, disturbing images. The script is written by Erin Cressida Wilson with adapting Patricia Bosworth's book of "Diane Arbus: A Biography." Other cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Ty Burrell, and Harris Yulin.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'