"Fur" to Open Rome's First International Film Festival
At least "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" will have something to mark on aside from its starry cast. The drama biopic has delightfully been selected to open the first Rome International Film Festival on October 13 this year, the organizers of the event have announced Friday, August 25.
In the meantime, its leading actress, Nicole Kidman, will also make a presence on the opening day. "I love Italy and I feel great affinity with it," so the beauty said in a statement issued by organizers of the festival. "I am especially proud to be christening this important event." With this confirmation, however, Kidman's appearance inevitably will add to a debate in Italy over the rivalry between the Rome event and Venice Film Festival for she had been the headline star at the latter one two years ago.
A directorial work of Steven Shainberg, "Fur" chronicles the life of U.S photographer Diane Arbus, portrayed by Kidman, who was widely known for her strange, disturbing images. The script is written by Erin Cressida Wilson with adapting Patricia Bosworth's book of "Diane Arbus: A Biography." Other cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Ty Burrell, and Harris Yulin.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'