"Fur" to Open Rome's First International Film Festival
At least "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" will have something to mark on aside from its starry cast. The drama biopic has delightfully been selected to open the first Rome International Film Festival on October 13 this year, the organizers of the event have announced Friday, August 25.
In the meantime, its leading actress, Nicole Kidman, will also make a presence on the opening day. "I love Italy and I feel great affinity with it," so the beauty said in a statement issued by organizers of the festival. "I am especially proud to be christening this important event." With this confirmation, however, Kidman's appearance inevitably will add to a debate in Italy over the rivalry between the Rome event and Venice Film Festival for she had been the headline star at the latter one two years ago.
A directorial work of Steven Shainberg, "Fur" chronicles the life of U.S photographer Diane Arbus, portrayed by Kidman, who was widely known for her strange, disturbing images. The script is written by Erin Cressida Wilson with adapting Patricia Bosworth's book of "Diane Arbus: A Biography." Other cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Ty Burrell, and Harris Yulin.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off