"Fur" to Open Rome's First International Film Festival
At least "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" will have something to mark on aside from its starry cast. The drama biopic has delightfully been selected to open the first Rome International Film Festival on October 13 this year, the organizers of the event have announced Friday, August 25.
In the meantime, its leading actress, Nicole Kidman, will also make a presence on the opening day. "I love Italy and I feel great affinity with it," so the beauty said in a statement issued by organizers of the festival. "I am especially proud to be christening this important event." With this confirmation, however, Kidman's appearance inevitably will add to a debate in Italy over the rivalry between the Rome event and Venice Film Festival for she had been the headline star at the latter one two years ago.
A directorial work of Steven Shainberg, "Fur" chronicles the life of U.S photographer Diane Arbus, portrayed by Kidman, who was widely known for her strange, disturbing images. The script is written by Erin Cressida Wilson with adapting Patricia Bosworth's book of "Diane Arbus: A Biography." Other cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Ty Burrell, and Harris Yulin.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush