"Fur" to Open Rome's First International Film Festival
At least "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" will have something to mark on aside from its starry cast. The drama biopic has delightfully been selected to open the first Rome International Film Festival on October 13 this year, the organizers of the event have announced Friday, August 25.
In the meantime, its leading actress, Nicole Kidman, will also make a presence on the opening day. "I love Italy and I feel great affinity with it," so the beauty said in a statement issued by organizers of the festival. "I am especially proud to be christening this important event." With this confirmation, however, Kidman's appearance inevitably will add to a debate in Italy over the rivalry between the Rome event and Venice Film Festival for she had been the headline star at the latter one two years ago.
A directorial work of Steven Shainberg, "Fur" chronicles the life of U.S photographer Diane Arbus, portrayed by Kidman, who was widely known for her strange, disturbing images. The script is written by Erin Cressida Wilson with adapting Patricia Bosworth's book of "Diane Arbus: A Biography." Other cast members include Robert Downey Jr., Ty Burrell, and Harris Yulin.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones