Jeremy Renner Races to "28 Weeks Later..."
Fox Atomic finally casts its choice on Jeremy Renner. The "S.W.A.T" actor has been selected to portray the lead character named Sgt. Doyle in the company's sci-fi horror of "28 Weeks Later...", a sequel to Danny Boyle's 2002 effort "28 Days Later."
Eyeing a May 2007 release, pic will pick up six months after the end of the first film, which depicted the destruction of human being in the city of London after the spreading of deadly virus known as Rage. Here the Special Forces is working to restore order and repopulating the quarantined city when a carrier of the virus unknowingly re-ignites the infection.
Passing the directing task to Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Boyle will seat as the movie's producer along with Andrew MacDonald and Andrew Garland. Meanwhile, the film's script is entrusted into the hands of Rowan Joffe to be developed.
Last seen playing opposite Charlize Theron in "North Country", Renner has acted in more than 20 screen features since his first step into the show business in the '90s. His next projects are, among others, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "Crossing Paths."
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit