Jeremy Renner Races to "28 Weeks Later..."
Fox Atomic finally casts its choice on Jeremy Renner. The "S.W.A.T" actor has been selected to portray the lead character named Sgt. Doyle in the company's sci-fi horror of "28 Weeks Later...", a sequel to Danny Boyle's 2002 effort "28 Days Later."
Eyeing a May 2007 release, pic will pick up six months after the end of the first film, which depicted the destruction of human being in the city of London after the spreading of deadly virus known as Rage. Here the Special Forces is working to restore order and repopulating the quarantined city when a carrier of the virus unknowingly re-ignites the infection.
Passing the directing task to Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Boyle will seat as the movie's producer along with Andrew MacDonald and Andrew Garland. Meanwhile, the film's script is entrusted into the hands of Rowan Joffe to be developed.
Last seen playing opposite Charlize Theron in "North Country", Renner has acted in more than 20 screen features since his first step into the show business in the '90s. His next projects are, among others, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "Crossing Paths."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?