Jeremy Renner Races to "28 Weeks Later..."
Fox Atomic finally casts its choice on Jeremy Renner. The "S.W.A.T" actor has been selected to portray the lead character named Sgt. Doyle in the company's sci-fi horror of "28 Weeks Later...", a sequel to Danny Boyle's 2002 effort "28 Days Later."
Eyeing a May 2007 release, pic will pick up six months after the end of the first film, which depicted the destruction of human being in the city of London after the spreading of deadly virus known as Rage. Here the Special Forces is working to restore order and repopulating the quarantined city when a carrier of the virus unknowingly re-ignites the infection.
Passing the directing task to Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Boyle will seat as the movie's producer along with Andrew MacDonald and Andrew Garland. Meanwhile, the film's script is entrusted into the hands of Rowan Joffe to be developed.
Last seen playing opposite Charlize Theron in "North Country", Renner has acted in more than 20 screen features since his first step into the show business in the '90s. His next projects are, among others, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "Crossing Paths."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support