Jeremy Renner Races to "28 Weeks Later..."
Fox Atomic finally casts its choice on Jeremy Renner. The "S.W.A.T" actor has been selected to portray the lead character named Sgt. Doyle in the company's sci-fi horror of "28 Weeks Later...", a sequel to Danny Boyle's 2002 effort "28 Days Later."
Eyeing a May 2007 release, pic will pick up six months after the end of the first film, which depicted the destruction of human being in the city of London after the spreading of deadly virus known as Rage. Here the Special Forces is working to restore order and repopulating the quarantined city when a carrier of the virus unknowingly re-ignites the infection.
Passing the directing task to Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Boyle will seat as the movie's producer along with Andrew MacDonald and Andrew Garland. Meanwhile, the film's script is entrusted into the hands of Rowan Joffe to be developed.
Last seen playing opposite Charlize Theron in "North Country", Renner has acted in more than 20 screen features since his first step into the show business in the '90s. His next projects are, among others, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "Crossing Paths."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences