"Invincible" Getting Full Support from NFL
Audience sure will find something special in "Invincible" as it opens in theaters this Friday, August 25. The picture has obtained the approval from the National Football League (NFL) to carry everything associated to the league, including NFL team logos and the NFL shield. This certainly is a rare treat from NFL as the league has not partnered on a major motion picture in a decade since Cameron Crowe's "Jerry Maguire."
Concerning the participation, NFL's director of entertainment marketing and promotions, Tracy Perlman, in representing the league eagerly revealed the reason behind the decision. "The image of our game is really heroic and something to aspire to and you really haven't seen that in a lot of films," so she remarked. "We think you see it here. This movie is really about the heart of the game and it's about achieving your dreams."
In carrying out this mutual partnership, the NFL also ran commercials for "Invincible" during pre-season games on ESPN and the NFL Network besides doing an e-mail blast to 2.8 million NFL fans with the film's trailer attached. The league's official website even has provided a dedicated page for the picture and set an NFL Day at the Movies with all 32 NFL teams hosting screenings of the movie.
A Touchstone Pictures production, "Invincible" is based on the true story of an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan named Vince Papale who never played college football but eventually made his way to join his favorite team. Mark Wahlberg, Greg Kinnear, plus Elizabeth Banks are starring with Ericson Core at helm and Brad Gann also Mike Rich as the screenwriters.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'