Singer of The Darkness Enters Rehab
British glam-rock act The Darkness has denied rumors claiming they have been dropped by its label, but on the other way around admitted that singer Justin Hawkins has entered rehab to address "substance abuse issues". Following the rehab, the band was forced to cancel an appearance at the Skanderborg Festival in Denmark with the excuse that "Justin's health must come first."
Explaining on both issues, the band posted a message on its web site Wednesday August 16th, saying "As everybody found out today, Justin has been admitted to a rehabilitation clinic. We would however like to make it clear that this emphatically does not signal the end for The Darkness, nor are their label Atlantic Records considering 'dropping' them. On the contrary, they have taken up their option with the band and are looking forward to releasing the Darkness' third album in early 2007."
Aside from the controversy, the Darkness said that they would begin work on their third album--for Atlantic Records--as soon as Hawkins is ready. "We are not here to comment on Justin's private life--or anyone else's for that matter--but he is feeling better already and as soon as he is ready we will be going straight into the studio to begin recording album number 3," so said the threesome.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'