Singer of The Darkness Enters Rehab
British glam-rock act The Darkness has denied rumors claiming they have been dropped by its label, but on the other way around admitted that singer Justin Hawkins has entered rehab to address "substance abuse issues". Following the rehab, the band was forced to cancel an appearance at the Skanderborg Festival in Denmark with the excuse that "Justin's health must come first."
Explaining on both issues, the band posted a message on its web site Wednesday August 16th, saying "As everybody found out today, Justin has been admitted to a rehabilitation clinic. We would however like to make it clear that this emphatically does not signal the end for The Darkness, nor are their label Atlantic Records considering 'dropping' them. On the contrary, they have taken up their option with the band and are looking forward to releasing the Darkness' third album in early 2007."
Aside from the controversy, the Darkness said that they would begin work on their third album--for Atlantic Records--as soon as Hawkins is ready. "We are not here to comment on Justin's private life--or anyone else's for that matter--but he is feeling better already and as soon as he is ready we will be going straight into the studio to begin recording album number 3," so said the threesome.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!