James McAvoy Posted in "Wanted" List
Adding one more big screen feature to his resume, James McAvoy has given positive sign to have a starring role in sci-fi flick "Wanted (2008)", so The Hollywood Reporter has revealed. While his part in the film is still unclear, it has been confirmed that the actor will come under the direction of Russian filmmaker Timur Bekmambetov who encounters his English-language directorial debut in this project.
Aiming to begin production by first-quarter 2007 with Derek Haas and Michael Brandt penning the script, pic is a Universal Pictures production which is based on a comic book series written by Mark Millar and J.G. Jones for Top Cow. The story revolves around a young man who finds out that his long-lost father is actually an assassin. Following the death of the older man, the guy is recruited into a covert organization of killers and trained to follow the footsteps of his father.
As for McAvoy, the actor previously portrayed Mr. Tumnus in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe." He next is slated to come up on "Starter for Ten", "The Last King of Scotland", and "Becoming Jane."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered