Christopher Walken Taking Over the Dad Role in "Hairspray"
It turns out that the role has shifted into Christopher Walken's hands. The actor has been appointed to replace the previously-announced Jim Broadbent to portray Wilbur Turnblad in "Hairspray", Variety has reported.
Being so, Walken thereby is joining the star-studded cast consisting of John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others. The pic itself has been set to be helmed by Adam Shankman based on Leslie Dixon's script. Production is scheduled to begin next month in Toronto with an aim to release the project by summer 2007.
A veteran actor whose acting career spans for more than four decades, Walken is last seen playing alongside Adam Sandler in "Click" which opened on theaters last June. His next film projects include "Man of the Year", "Fade to Black", and "Balls of Fury."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up