Christopher Walken Taking Over the Dad Role in "Hairspray"
It turns out that the role has shifted into Christopher Walken's hands. The actor has been appointed to replace the previously-announced Jim Broadbent to portray Wilbur Turnblad in "Hairspray", Variety has reported.
Being so, Walken thereby is joining the star-studded cast consisting of John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others. The pic itself has been set to be helmed by Adam Shankman based on Leslie Dixon's script. Production is scheduled to begin next month in Toronto with an aim to release the project by summer 2007.
A veteran actor whose acting career spans for more than four decades, Walken is last seen playing alongside Adam Sandler in "Click" which opened on theaters last June. His next film projects include "Man of the Year", "Fade to Black", and "Balls of Fury."
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'
- Ed Sheeran May Quit Music Once He Starts a Family
- Drake Denies Impregnating Instagram Model Layla Lace