Christopher Walken Taking Over the Dad Role in "Hairspray"
It turns out that the role has shifted into Christopher Walken's hands. The actor has been appointed to replace the previously-announced Jim Broadbent to portray Wilbur Turnblad in "Hairspray", Variety has reported.
Being so, Walken thereby is joining the star-studded cast consisting of John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others. The pic itself has been set to be helmed by Adam Shankman based on Leslie Dixon's script. Production is scheduled to begin next month in Toronto with an aim to release the project by summer 2007.
A veteran actor whose acting career spans for more than four decades, Walken is last seen playing alongside Adam Sandler in "Click" which opened on theaters last June. His next film projects include "Man of the Year", "Fade to Black", and "Balls of Fury."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune