Christopher Walken Taking Over the Dad Role in "Hairspray"
It turns out that the role has shifted into Christopher Walken's hands. The actor has been appointed to replace the previously-announced Jim Broadbent to portray Wilbur Turnblad in "Hairspray", Variety has reported.
Being so, Walken thereby is joining the star-studded cast consisting of John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others. The pic itself has been set to be helmed by Adam Shankman based on Leslie Dixon's script. Production is scheduled to begin next month in Toronto with an aim to release the project by summer 2007.
A veteran actor whose acting career spans for more than four decades, Walken is last seen playing alongside Adam Sandler in "Click" which opened on theaters last June. His next film projects include "Man of the Year", "Fade to Black", and "Balls of Fury."
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans