Christopher Walken Taking Over the Dad Role in "Hairspray"
It turns out that the role has shifted into Christopher Walken's hands. The actor has been appointed to replace the previously-announced Jim Broadbent to portray Wilbur Turnblad in "Hairspray", Variety has reported.
Being so, Walken thereby is joining the star-studded cast consisting of John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Michelle Pfeiffer among others. The pic itself has been set to be helmed by Adam Shankman based on Leslie Dixon's script. Production is scheduled to begin next month in Toronto with an aim to release the project by summer 2007.
A veteran actor whose acting career spans for more than four decades, Walken is last seen playing alongside Adam Sandler in "Click" which opened on theaters last June. His next film projects include "Man of the Year", "Fade to Black", and "Balls of Fury."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'