Haley Joel Osment Facing DUI Charges
Teen actor Haley Joel Osment is facing up to six months in jail on three misdemeanors, including driving under the influence and possessing marijuana. Authorities mentioned that Osment's blood-alcohol content in the July 20th incident, in which he was involved, was double, at 0.16, the legal limit of .08.
Detailing on the incident, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros said Osment crashed his 1995 Saturn last month at around 1 a.m. near Los Angeles. The star lost control of his car, hit a mailbox on a brick base and flipped over. As a result of the crash, Osment broke a rib and hurt his shoulder but was expected to make a full recovery.
The 18-year-old actor was charged Thursday August 17th with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence, marijuana possession and driving under the influence with the special allegation of having a blood-alcohol content of .15 percent or higher. He also faces a vehicle code infraction of being under the age of 21 and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .05 percent or greater.
Osment was scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 19 in Glendale Superior Court.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna