Haley Joel Osment Facing DUI Charges
Teen actor Haley Joel Osment is facing up to six months in jail on three misdemeanors, including driving under the influence and possessing marijuana. Authorities mentioned that Osment's blood-alcohol content in the July 20th incident, in which he was involved, was double, at 0.16, the legal limit of .08.
Detailing on the incident, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros said Osment crashed his 1995 Saturn last month at around 1 a.m. near Los Angeles. The star lost control of his car, hit a mailbox on a brick base and flipped over. As a result of the crash, Osment broke a rib and hurt his shoulder but was expected to make a full recovery.
The 18-year-old actor was charged Thursday August 17th with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence, marijuana possession and driving under the influence with the special allegation of having a blood-alcohol content of .15 percent or higher. He also faces a vehicle code infraction of being under the age of 21 and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .05 percent or greater.
Osment was scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 19 in Glendale Superior Court.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer