Haley Joel Osment Facing DUI Charges
Teen actor Haley Joel Osment is facing up to six months in jail on three misdemeanors, including driving under the influence and possessing marijuana. Authorities mentioned that Osment's blood-alcohol content in the July 20th incident, in which he was involved, was double, at 0.16, the legal limit of .08.
Detailing on the incident, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros said Osment crashed his 1995 Saturn last month at around 1 a.m. near Los Angeles. The star lost control of his car, hit a mailbox on a brick base and flipped over. As a result of the crash, Osment broke a rib and hurt his shoulder but was expected to make a full recovery.
The 18-year-old actor was charged Thursday August 17th with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence, marijuana possession and driving under the influence with the special allegation of having a blood-alcohol content of .15 percent or higher. He also faces a vehicle code infraction of being under the age of 21 and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .05 percent or greater.
Osment was scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 19 in Glendale Superior Court.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale