Simon Pegg Sets to "Alienate People"
Another acting stint is coming for Simon Pegg. While his status in "Run, Fat Boy, Run" is still unclear, the actor has signed a deal to star in "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People", a movie adaptation of Toby Young's best-selling book of the same title.
Produced by Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen of Number 9 Film, pic is set to begin the production by next spring in New York and U.K. Robert Weide is at helm with Peter Straughan to adapt the script.
Last seen starring in "Mission: Impossible 3" alongside Tom Cruise and Michelle Monaghan, Pegg is best known for his performance in "Shaun of the Dead." He next is slated to appear in "Hot Fuzz" which is scheduled to come up on theaters in March 2007.
As for the book, "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" tells about Young's experience when he worked as a contributing editor for Vanity Fair in New York. It describes his five-year struggle to get noticed amid the self-absorbed world of the city's style elite and his many faux-pas at the expense of the rich, famous and powerful.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris