Simon Pegg Sets to "Alienate People"
Another acting stint is coming for Simon Pegg. While his status in "Run, Fat Boy, Run" is still unclear, the actor has signed a deal to star in "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People", a movie adaptation of Toby Young's best-selling book of the same title.
Produced by Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen of Number 9 Film, pic is set to begin the production by next spring in New York and U.K. Robert Weide is at helm with Peter Straughan to adapt the script.
Last seen starring in "Mission: Impossible 3" alongside Tom Cruise and Michelle Monaghan, Pegg is best known for his performance in "Shaun of the Dead." He next is slated to appear in "Hot Fuzz" which is scheduled to come up on theaters in March 2007.
As for the book, "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" tells about Young's experience when he worked as a contributing editor for Vanity Fair in New York. It describes his five-year struggle to get noticed amid the self-absorbed world of the city's style elite and his many faux-pas at the expense of the rich, famous and powerful.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal