William Shatner Searching for New Sci-Fi Star
This surely could be such a good news for those who want to make their way in entertainment industry. William Shatner has announced on Thursday, August 10 that he is coming up with an online contest to look for the most talented sci-fi personality in the States. What's more, the competition delightfully does not focus on finding a star only as it also invites aspiring directors, filmmakers, and film critics to join in, an approach that is rarely found in any other talent contests for sure.
Here the contestants are required to make a short video clip that really demonstrates their talent then upload it at http://Shatner.blip.tv during the run of the contest up to September 30. All works submitted can be viewed plus voted through the same site and from the votes collected, top ten highest ranked entrants will thus be named William Shatner's Sci-Fi Challenge finalists.
Apart from those ten, Shatner will pick up seven more finalists who are chosen by 7 celebrity judges he has appointed. A diverse group of science fiction luminaries, they include representatives from StarTrek.com, the Sci-Fi Channel, Planet Magazine, and Ain't It Cool News among others. Each judge will be allowed to pick up an additional finalist to make for 17 finalists in total. Among them, the winner will be selected by Shatner himself to receive a large cash award as well as the honor of being the Official Spokesperson for the William Shatner Science Fiction DVD Club. Further information about the contest can be reached at http://Shatner.blip.tv.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest