Jack Black Will Host the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
MTV announced Thursday August 10th that they will have Jack Black to host its annual MTV Video Music Awards. MTV president Christina Norman called Black the "perfect mix of comedy, rock, irreverence and star power." That may become one reason why they choose him.
"Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger," Black said in a statement, adding, "I am Jables, hear me roar."
The 2006 VMAs will air live on Aug. 31 from New York City's Radio City Music Hall. While Shakira and the Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list of nominees, the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Panic! At the Disco and Ludacris are among the performers.
More Jack Black News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna