Jack Black Will Host the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
MTV announced Thursday August 10th that they will have Jack Black to host its annual MTV Video Music Awards. MTV president Christina Norman called Black the "perfect mix of comedy, rock, irreverence and star power." That may become one reason why they choose him.
"Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger," Black said in a statement, adding, "I am Jables, hear me roar."
The 2006 VMAs will air live on Aug. 31 from New York City's Radio City Music Hall. While Shakira and the Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list of nominees, the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Panic! At the Disco and Ludacris are among the performers.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism