Jack Black Will Host the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
MTV announced Thursday August 10th that they will have Jack Black to host its annual MTV Video Music Awards. MTV president Christina Norman called Black the "perfect mix of comedy, rock, irreverence and star power." That may become one reason why they choose him.
"Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger," Black said in a statement, adding, "I am Jables, hear me roar."
The 2006 VMAs will air live on Aug. 31 from New York City's Radio City Music Hall. While Shakira and the Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list of nominees, the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Panic! At the Disco and Ludacris are among the performers.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked