Jack Black Will Host the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
MTV announced Thursday August 10th that they will have Jack Black to host its annual MTV Video Music Awards. MTV president Christina Norman called Black the "perfect mix of comedy, rock, irreverence and star power." That may become one reason why they choose him.
"Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger," Black said in a statement, adding, "I am Jables, hear me roar."
The 2006 VMAs will air live on Aug. 31 from New York City's Radio City Music Hall. While Shakira and the Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list of nominees, the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Panic! At the Disco and Ludacris are among the performers.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny