Jack Black Will Host the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
MTV announced Thursday August 10th that they will have Jack Black to host its annual MTV Video Music Awards. MTV president Christina Norman called Black the "perfect mix of comedy, rock, irreverence and star power." That may become one reason why they choose him.
"Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger," Black said in a statement, adding, "I am Jables, hear me roar."
The 2006 VMAs will air live on Aug. 31 from New York City's Radio City Music Hall. While Shakira and the Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list of nominees, the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Panic! At the Disco and Ludacris are among the performers.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army