Demetri Martin Taking Advantages from "Moon People"
Demetri Martin gets double jobs this time. Satisfyingly sold his comedy pitch of "Moon People" to Columbia Pictures, he is not only tapped to write the scripts but also to use the movie as his starring vehicle, Variety has revealed.
Featuring James Bobin at helm, pic takes center in a group of people who come back to Earth to assimilate after they were sent to colonize the moon for years. Jimmy Miller is set to produce.
A New Yorker of Greek descent, Martin was a regular writer for "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" from 2003 to 2004 and had appeared briefly in Harold Ramis' 2002 effort of "Analyze That." He previously had his another pitch, "Will", sold to DreamWorks for Scot Armstrong to executive produce.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum