Demetri Martin Taking Advantages from "Moon People"
Demetri Martin gets double jobs this time. Satisfyingly sold his comedy pitch of "Moon People" to Columbia Pictures, he is not only tapped to write the scripts but also to use the movie as his starring vehicle, Variety has revealed.
Featuring James Bobin at helm, pic takes center in a group of people who come back to Earth to assimilate after they were sent to colonize the moon for years. Jimmy Miller is set to produce.
A New Yorker of Greek descent, Martin was a regular writer for "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" from 2003 to 2004 and had appeared briefly in Harold Ramis' 2002 effort of "Analyze That." He previously had his another pitch, "Will", sold to DreamWorks for Scot Armstrong to executive produce.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'