Pop Superstar Madonna Provokes Another Ire
Madonna won't stop make the gossip pages everyday. The pop superstar who has just provoked protests from Rome's Catholic, Muslim and Jewish leaders concerning her concert crucifixion, again causing controversy in Italy.
Fresh off her controversial mock-crucifixion performance in Rome, the diva draws another ire from another group of Catholics as her H&M clothing advertisement appears on the side of the world's largest gothic cathedral Duomo.
It, in fact, isn't the content of the picture, shows Madonna in a white sports jacket zipped to the top, eyes downcast, that has upset the critics. It is the placement of the related ad, which coincides with protests over Madonna's mock crucifixion show near the Vatican that is considered as inappropriate.
However, the Duomo's Monsignor Luigi Manganini says, "It's just an ad, certainly not a canonisation. When it was accepted, the poster seemed all correct and appropriate for its place, and it still is." Elsewhere, Vittorio Sgarbi, the head of culture for the city's council, adds, "The other parts of the building are full of devils and demons. So an infernal Madonna shouldn't hurt us too badly."
More Madonna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris