Pop Superstar Madonna Provokes Another Ire
Madonna won't stop make the gossip pages everyday. The pop superstar who has just provoked protests from Rome's Catholic, Muslim and Jewish leaders concerning her concert crucifixion, again causing controversy in Italy.
Fresh off her controversial mock-crucifixion performance in Rome, the diva draws another ire from another group of Catholics as her H&M clothing advertisement appears on the side of the world's largest gothic cathedral Duomo.
It, in fact, isn't the content of the picture, shows Madonna in a white sports jacket zipped to the top, eyes downcast, that has upset the critics. It is the placement of the related ad, which coincides with protests over Madonna's mock crucifixion show near the Vatican that is considered as inappropriate.
However, the Duomo's Monsignor Luigi Manganini says, "It's just an ad, certainly not a canonisation. When it was accepted, the poster seemed all correct and appropriate for its place, and it still is." Elsewhere, Vittorio Sgarbi, the head of culture for the city's council, adds, "The other parts of the building are full of devils and demons. So an infernal Madonna shouldn't hurt us too badly."
More Madonna News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!