Pop Superstar Madonna Provokes Another Ire
Madonna won't stop make the gossip pages everyday. The pop superstar who has just provoked protests from Rome's Catholic, Muslim and Jewish leaders concerning her concert crucifixion, again causing controversy in Italy.
Fresh off her controversial mock-crucifixion performance in Rome, the diva draws another ire from another group of Catholics as her H&M clothing advertisement appears on the side of the world's largest gothic cathedral Duomo.
It, in fact, isn't the content of the picture, shows Madonna in a white sports jacket zipped to the top, eyes downcast, that has upset the critics. It is the placement of the related ad, which coincides with protests over Madonna's mock crucifixion show near the Vatican that is considered as inappropriate.
However, the Duomo's Monsignor Luigi Manganini says, "It's just an ad, certainly not a canonisation. When it was accepted, the poster seemed all correct and appropriate for its place, and it still is." Elsewhere, Vittorio Sgarbi, the head of culture for the city's council, adds, "The other parts of the building are full of devils and demons. So an infernal Madonna shouldn't hurt us too badly."
More Madonna News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified