Pop Superstar Madonna Provokes Another Ire
Madonna won't stop make the gossip pages everyday. The pop superstar who has just provoked protests from Rome's Catholic, Muslim and Jewish leaders concerning her concert crucifixion, again causing controversy in Italy.
Fresh off her controversial mock-crucifixion performance in Rome, the diva draws another ire from another group of Catholics as her H&M clothing advertisement appears on the side of the world's largest gothic cathedral Duomo.
It, in fact, isn't the content of the picture, shows Madonna in a white sports jacket zipped to the top, eyes downcast, that has upset the critics. It is the placement of the related ad, which coincides with protests over Madonna's mock crucifixion show near the Vatican that is considered as inappropriate.
However, the Duomo's Monsignor Luigi Manganini says, "It's just an ad, certainly not a canonisation. When it was accepted, the poster seemed all correct and appropriate for its place, and it still is." Elsewhere, Vittorio Sgarbi, the head of culture for the city's council, adds, "The other parts of the building are full of devils and demons. So an infernal Madonna shouldn't hurt us too badly."
More Madonna News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video