Movies Encounter World Premiere at Toronto Film Fest
Updating the news on the 31st annual Toronto International Film Festival, a number of U.S film features have been lined up to encounter their world premieres at the festival set to be held next month, organizers have announced. In the list, there include titles like "Rescue Dawn", "Fay Grim", "The Dog Problem", "Love and Other Disasters", and "10 Items or Less" among others.
Scheduled to be screened as part of the festival's Masters' sidebar, "Rescue Dawn" is set during the Vietnam War era and recounts the true story of German-born U.S. Navy lieutenant Dieter Dengler. Starring Christian Bale also Steve Zahn, it is a Werner Herzog's directorial effort based on his 1997 acclaimed documentary entitled "Little Dieter Needs to Fly."
As for other pictures, "Fay Grim" is an action thriller film starring Parker Posey under the direction of Hal Hartley while "The Dog Problem" is a comedy helmed by Scott Caan who also has a starring role alongside Giovanni Ribisi and Mena Suvari. "Love and Other Disasters" features Brittany Murphy in the cast with Alek Keshishian at helm. Meanwhile, "10 Items or Less" is another work of Brad Silberling starring Morgan Freeman which tells about an aging Hollywood icon at the mercy of a female checkout clerk.
Took form in 1976 as initially a collection of the best films from festivals around the world, Toronto International Film Festival has grown to become one of primary components of Hollywood's marketing machine. This year's event opens on September 7 with the world premiere of the Canadian Inuit-and Danish-language film "The Journals of Knud Rasmussen."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3