Singer Barry Manilow to Have Hip Surgery
Singer Barry Manilow has been forced to take a temporary break from his regular gig at the Las Vegas Hilton as he's about to undergo surgery to repair torn cartilage in both hips.
Manilow's publicist Carol Marshall released the statement Monday August 7th. The operation reportedly will take place at an unidentified hospital in Southern California after Manilow's August 27 appearance at the Emmy Awards.
On Manilow's condition, his representative confirmed the musician suffers from labrum tears in both his hips, torn cartilage that often causes extreme pain and discomfort. Manilow's high-energy stage shows aggravated the condition, which was discovered after doctors performed an MRI arthogram.
And as recovery and rehabilitation time is expected to be about eight weeks, Manilow who has a four-year contract with the Las Vegas Hilton, will have to postpone 20 of his concerts there and about to make up the shows in 2007.
In related news, it is said that Manilow is scheduled to return in mid-October for the launch of his new album, "The Greatest Songs of the Sixties."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory