Singer Barry Manilow to Have Hip Surgery
Singer Barry Manilow has been forced to take a temporary break from his regular gig at the Las Vegas Hilton as he's about to undergo surgery to repair torn cartilage in both hips.
Manilow's publicist Carol Marshall released the statement Monday August 7th. The operation reportedly will take place at an unidentified hospital in Southern California after Manilow's August 27 appearance at the Emmy Awards.
On Manilow's condition, his representative confirmed the musician suffers from labrum tears in both his hips, torn cartilage that often causes extreme pain and discomfort. Manilow's high-energy stage shows aggravated the condition, which was discovered after doctors performed an MRI arthogram.
And as recovery and rehabilitation time is expected to be about eight weeks, Manilow who has a four-year contract with the Las Vegas Hilton, will have to postpone 20 of his concerts there and about to make up the shows in 2007.
In related news, it is said that Manilow is scheduled to return in mid-October for the launch of his new album, "The Greatest Songs of the Sixties."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation