Singer Barry Manilow to Have Hip Surgery
Singer Barry Manilow has been forced to take a temporary break from his regular gig at the Las Vegas Hilton as he's about to undergo surgery to repair torn cartilage in both hips.
Manilow's publicist Carol Marshall released the statement Monday August 7th. The operation reportedly will take place at an unidentified hospital in Southern California after Manilow's August 27 appearance at the Emmy Awards.
On Manilow's condition, his representative confirmed the musician suffers from labrum tears in both his hips, torn cartilage that often causes extreme pain and discomfort. Manilow's high-energy stage shows aggravated the condition, which was discovered after doctors performed an MRI arthogram.
And as recovery and rehabilitation time is expected to be about eight weeks, Manilow who has a four-year contract with the Las Vegas Hilton, will have to postpone 20 of his concerts there and about to make up the shows in 2007.
In related news, it is said that Manilow is scheduled to return in mid-October for the launch of his new album, "The Greatest Songs of the Sixties."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up