Singer Barry Manilow to Have Hip Surgery
Singer Barry Manilow has been forced to take a temporary break from his regular gig at the Las Vegas Hilton as he's about to undergo surgery to repair torn cartilage in both hips.
Manilow's publicist Carol Marshall released the statement Monday August 7th. The operation reportedly will take place at an unidentified hospital in Southern California after Manilow's August 27 appearance at the Emmy Awards.
On Manilow's condition, his representative confirmed the musician suffers from labrum tears in both his hips, torn cartilage that often causes extreme pain and discomfort. Manilow's high-energy stage shows aggravated the condition, which was discovered after doctors performed an MRI arthogram.
And as recovery and rehabilitation time is expected to be about eight weeks, Manilow who has a four-year contract with the Las Vegas Hilton, will have to postpone 20 of his concerts there and about to make up the shows in 2007.
In related news, it is said that Manilow is scheduled to return in mid-October for the launch of his new album, "The Greatest Songs of the Sixties."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off