Weekend Box-Office List of Aug 4-6, 2006
Will Ferrell really takes full speed in driving his vehicle this time. Feeding off favorable review for delivering good laughs, his latest flick of "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" satisfyingly scored an estimated opening weekend gross of $47 million to race to the top spot on box-office for sure. The amount turns out to be far beyond what its major challenger, "Barnyard", has collected as the animation feature merely managed to garner $16 million to secure the second place in the list.
Right behind this Paramount's wise-cracking animal 'toon, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" still did well with $11 million followed by last-week's champion, "Miami Vice", which had to go down to the fourth position after only adding another $9.7 million during the weekend. Lionsgate's horror movie "The Descent" came next after gaining $8.8 million, lapping "John Tucker Must Die" whose sixth-place feedbag was filled with $6.05 million.
Two other animated films, "Monster House" and "The Ant Bully", both also fell from their previous positions to take up the seventh and eighth rank, respectively with the former gaining $6 million while the latter $3.9 million. On the ninth came "The Night Listener" which opened at $3.6 million followed closely by "You, Me and Dupree" with $3.6 million to make up the top ten box-office movies chart of this week.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri