Weekend Box-Office List of Aug 4-6, 2006
Will Ferrell really takes full speed in driving his vehicle this time. Feeding off favorable review for delivering good laughs, his latest flick of "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" satisfyingly scored an estimated opening weekend gross of $47 million to race to the top spot on box-office for sure. The amount turns out to be far beyond what its major challenger, "Barnyard", has collected as the animation feature merely managed to garner $16 million to secure the second place in the list.
Right behind this Paramount's wise-cracking animal 'toon, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" still did well with $11 million followed by last-week's champion, "Miami Vice", which had to go down to the fourth position after only adding another $9.7 million during the weekend. Lionsgate's horror movie "The Descent" came next after gaining $8.8 million, lapping "John Tucker Must Die" whose sixth-place feedbag was filled with $6.05 million.
Two other animated films, "Monster House" and "The Ant Bully", both also fell from their previous positions to take up the seventh and eighth rank, respectively with the former gaining $6 million while the latter $3.9 million. On the ninth came "The Night Listener" which opened at $3.6 million followed closely by "You, Me and Dupree" with $3.6 million to make up the top ten box-office movies chart of this week.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7