Weekend Box-Office List of Aug 4-6, 2006
Will Ferrell really takes full speed in driving his vehicle this time. Feeding off favorable review for delivering good laughs, his latest flick of "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" satisfyingly scored an estimated opening weekend gross of $47 million to race to the top spot on box-office for sure. The amount turns out to be far beyond what its major challenger, "Barnyard", has collected as the animation feature merely managed to garner $16 million to secure the second place in the list.
Right behind this Paramount's wise-cracking animal 'toon, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" still did well with $11 million followed by last-week's champion, "Miami Vice", which had to go down to the fourth position after only adding another $9.7 million during the weekend. Lionsgate's horror movie "The Descent" came next after gaining $8.8 million, lapping "John Tucker Must Die" whose sixth-place feedbag was filled with $6.05 million.
Two other animated films, "Monster House" and "The Ant Bully", both also fell from their previous positions to take up the seventh and eighth rank, respectively with the former gaining $6 million while the latter $3.9 million. On the ninth came "The Night Listener" which opened at $3.6 million followed closely by "You, Me and Dupree" with $3.6 million to make up the top ten box-office movies chart of this week.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign