Universal Takes Over "Hellboy 2"
"Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" finally finds its home in Universal Pictures. According to Variety, the company has already given its approval to fully finance and distribute the sequel to the 2004 comic book adaptation after Sony through its Columbia Pictures decided to back out from the project.
Still features the original cast from the first installment like Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Doug Jones, the project also welcomes back director Guillermo del Toro to helm and pen the scripts. Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin will produce with Chris Kenney to executive produce.
As for the story, this time it will see the titular hero along with his team fighting hard against otherworldly evil creatures who conduct a rebellion to rule the Earth. Production is planned to begin by April in Budapest and London to meet Universal's expectation for a summer 2008 release.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift