Universal Takes Over "Hellboy 2"
"Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" finally finds its home in Universal Pictures. According to Variety, the company has already given its approval to fully finance and distribute the sequel to the 2004 comic book adaptation after Sony through its Columbia Pictures decided to back out from the project.
Still features the original cast from the first installment like Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Doug Jones, the project also welcomes back director Guillermo del Toro to helm and pen the scripts. Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin will produce with Chris Kenney to executive produce.
As for the story, this time it will see the titular hero along with his team fighting hard against otherworldly evil creatures who conduct a rebellion to rule the Earth. Production is planned to begin by April in Budapest and London to meet Universal's expectation for a summer 2008 release.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier