Universal Takes Over "Hellboy 2"
"Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" finally finds its home in Universal Pictures. According to Variety, the company has already given its approval to fully finance and distribute the sequel to the 2004 comic book adaptation after Sony through its Columbia Pictures decided to back out from the project.
Still features the original cast from the first installment like Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Doug Jones, the project also welcomes back director Guillermo del Toro to helm and pen the scripts. Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin will produce with Chris Kenney to executive produce.
As for the story, this time it will see the titular hero along with his team fighting hard against otherworldly evil creatures who conduct a rebellion to rule the Earth. Production is planned to begin by April in Budapest and London to meet Universal's expectation for a summer 2008 release.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?