Universal Takes Over "Hellboy 2"
"Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" finally finds its home in Universal Pictures. According to Variety, the company has already given its approval to fully finance and distribute the sequel to the 2004 comic book adaptation after Sony through its Columbia Pictures decided to back out from the project.
Still features the original cast from the first installment like Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Doug Jones, the project also welcomes back director Guillermo del Toro to helm and pen the scripts. Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin will produce with Chris Kenney to executive produce.
As for the story, this time it will see the titular hero along with his team fighting hard against otherworldly evil creatures who conduct a rebellion to rule the Earth. Production is planned to begin by April in Budapest and London to meet Universal's expectation for a summer 2008 release.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift