Mel Gibson Says He's Not An Anti-Semite
Just three days after issuing an apology to everyone he had offended concerning his DUI charge, Mel Gibson has just issued another apology. The actor has on Tuesday August 1st issued a specific apology to "everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words" he used when he was arrested for drunken driving last Friday.
As it's been widely reported before Gibson is quoted as having said to the Malibu officer: "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asking the arresting officer, "Are you a Jew?"
But as for now the star regrets what he's done, saying in a statement issued through his publicist Alan Nierob, "There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark. But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith."
"Not just asking for forgiveness", the actor continued further while adding "I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing." Gibson moreover said he's "in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display" and hopes members of the Jewish community, "whom I have personally offended," will help him in his recovery efforts.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters