Warner Bros. Becomes "Benighted"
One more novel is on the way to be adapted into silver screen feature as Warner Bros. has obtained film rights to a Kit Whitfield's novel. Entitled "Benighted" just like the book's title, pic has been entrusted into Andrew Adamson's hands to direct with Graham King financing through his Initial Entertainment Group.
"Benighted" tells an alternate reality story in which 90 percent of the population is lycanthropic while the rest who are pure human live as victims of prejudice and oppression. The novel originally was published in U.K under the title of "Bareback" and will be published in U.S by Random House on August 8.
As for Adamson, the New Zealand-born filmmaker has scored great success last year through "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" for Disney. Its sequel, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", will also be helmed by him to meet a 2008 release.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season