Warner Bros. Becomes "Benighted"
One more novel is on the way to be adapted into silver screen feature as Warner Bros. has obtained film rights to a Kit Whitfield's novel. Entitled "Benighted" just like the book's title, pic has been entrusted into Andrew Adamson's hands to direct with Graham King financing through his Initial Entertainment Group.
"Benighted" tells an alternate reality story in which 90 percent of the population is lycanthropic while the rest who are pure human live as victims of prejudice and oppression. The novel originally was published in U.K under the title of "Bareback" and will be published in U.S by Random House on August 8.
As for Adamson, the New Zealand-born filmmaker has scored great success last year through "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" for Disney. Its sequel, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", will also be helmed by him to meet a 2008 release.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy