Top Ten Highest-Grossing Flicks at Box Office
Aye Pirates, sheath your swords and draw back for the guns of "Miami Vice" cops have certainly been too tough for you to defeat.
Pairing up Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx as the iconic TV characters Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs, the crime-thriller flick has successfully garnered $25.2 million to push down adventurous "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", which managed to take in $20.5 million this time, to number two and so, ends the film's 3-consecutive-week reign at the box-office, according to studio estimates Sunday, July 30.
Despite its defeat, "Pirates" could still rejoice indeed as the movie has amazingly collected $358.4 million to become the highest grossing film in Disney's history, passing the $339.7 million earned by enjoyable 3-D animated feature of "Finding Nemo" while drawing closer to the possibility of breaking the $400 million mark in the coming weeks.
Taking number three, "John Tucker Must Die" came up with a respectable $14 million in its debut followed by Columbia's animation of "Monster House" which satisfyingly earned $11.5 million. Another animated picture, "The Ant Bully" from Warner Bros., delightfully collected fair income of $8.1 million to make up the top five of the weekend's box-office movies chart.
The rest from number six to ten placed in order are "Lady in the Water" with $7.14 million, "You, Me and Dupree" with $7.10 million, "Little Man" with $5.1 million, "The Devil Wears Prada" with $4.8 million, and "Clerks II" with $3.9 million.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?