Top Ten Highest-Grossing Flicks at Box Office
Aye Pirates, sheath your swords and draw back for the guns of "Miami Vice" cops have certainly been too tough for you to defeat.
Pairing up Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx as the iconic TV characters Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs, the crime-thriller flick has successfully garnered $25.2 million to push down adventurous "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", which managed to take in $20.5 million this time, to number two and so, ends the film's 3-consecutive-week reign at the box-office, according to studio estimates Sunday, July 30.
Despite its defeat, "Pirates" could still rejoice indeed as the movie has amazingly collected $358.4 million to become the highest grossing film in Disney's history, passing the $339.7 million earned by enjoyable 3-D animated feature of "Finding Nemo" while drawing closer to the possibility of breaking the $400 million mark in the coming weeks.
Taking number three, "John Tucker Must Die" came up with a respectable $14 million in its debut followed by Columbia's animation of "Monster House" which satisfyingly earned $11.5 million. Another animated picture, "The Ant Bully" from Warner Bros., delightfully collected fair income of $8.1 million to make up the top five of the weekend's box-office movies chart.
The rest from number six to ten placed in order are "Lady in the Water" with $7.14 million, "You, Me and Dupree" with $7.10 million, "Little Man" with $5.1 million, "The Devil Wears Prada" with $4.8 million, and "Clerks II" with $3.9 million.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'