Amazon.com Presents "The Stolen Child"
Making bold venture into film feature, world's biggest online retailer Amazon.com is set to mark its first step with "The Stolen Child", Variety has reported. Successfully obtained the screen rights to Keith Donohue's book of the same title, the company thereby will move to find proper director also a studio partner in bringing up the work into a live-action feature.
A best-selling novel that combines literature and fantasy besides covers issues of identity, "The Stolen Child" tells about a 7-year-old boy kidnapped by forest-dwelling changelings who then switch him with a look-alike. The story then follows the changeling's attempt to meld into a family as the boy roams the woods with a pack of feral children.
Amazon.com itself is a Seattle-based electronic commerce company originally founded as Cadabra.com by Jeff Bezos in 1994. One of the first major companies to sell goods over the Internet, the company initially began as an online bookstore before expanding its products to DVDs, CDs, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, and more.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung