Prince and Second Wife Are Divorcing
Famous musician Prince and his wife of five years, Manuela Testolini Nelson, are divorcing. People magazine reported, Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.
Prince and Testolini, who used to work for Paisley Park Studios, the recording and production complex the singer opened near Minneapolis in 1987, tied the knot in 2001 in a small, super-secret Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii. Testolini took her husband's last name.
Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.
This is the second marriage for Prince previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.
More Prince News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift