Prince and Second Wife Are Divorcing
Famous musician Prince and his wife of five years, Manuela Testolini Nelson, are divorcing. People magazine reported, Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.
Prince and Testolini, who used to work for Paisley Park Studios, the recording and production complex the singer opened near Minneapolis in 1987, tied the knot in 2001 in a small, super-secret Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii. Testolini took her husband's last name.
Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.
This is the second marriage for Prince previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.
More Prince News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'