Prince and Second Wife Are Divorcing
Famous musician Prince and his wife of five years, Manuela Testolini Nelson, are divorcing. People magazine reported, Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.
Prince and Testolini, who used to work for Paisley Park Studios, the recording and production complex the singer opened near Minneapolis in 1987, tied the knot in 2001 in a small, super-secret Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii. Testolini took her husband's last name.
Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.
This is the second marriage for Prince previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.
More Prince News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media