Seether Cancels August Tour Dates as Frontman Enters Rehab
South African rock band Seether has to, unfortunately, cancel their August tour dates following frontman Shaun Morgan's decision to check himself into a rehabilitation clinic for treatment of substance abuse.
Hence, Morgan's treatment has forced the band to cancel its August touring plans and following scheduled appearances this week, all future plans have been placed on hold until further notice.
"I'm deeply sorry that this news comes right before a planned tour, especially one that I was so excited about, and I hope that everyone understands," the singer said in a statement. "I need help with addictions that I can't kick on my own. These things are making me sick, and could potentially harm me permanently."
Seether had initially planned to tour with Staind and Three Days Grace starting August 5 in Maryland Heights, Missouri, for a 16-date run that was set to wrap up August 30 in Birmingham, Alabama, all of which are to support their recently released live acoustic album "One Cold Night".
However, Seether will still appear with Alice in Chains, Buckcherry and a host of others on Saturday, for a gig at Columbia Meadows on Oregon's Deer Island.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie