Seether Cancels August Tour Dates as Frontman Enters Rehab
South African rock band Seether has to, unfortunately, cancel their August tour dates following frontman Shaun Morgan's decision to check himself into a rehabilitation clinic for treatment of substance abuse.
Hence, Morgan's treatment has forced the band to cancel its August touring plans and following scheduled appearances this week, all future plans have been placed on hold until further notice.
"I'm deeply sorry that this news comes right before a planned tour, especially one that I was so excited about, and I hope that everyone understands," the singer said in a statement. "I need help with addictions that I can't kick on my own. These things are making me sick, and could potentially harm me permanently."
Seether had initially planned to tour with Staind and Three Days Grace starting August 5 in Maryland Heights, Missouri, for a 16-date run that was set to wrap up August 30 in Birmingham, Alabama, all of which are to support their recently released live acoustic album "One Cold Night".
However, Seether will still appear with Alice in Chains, Buckcherry and a host of others on Saturday, for a gig at Columbia Meadows on Oregon's Deer Island.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance