Seether Cancels August Tour Dates as Frontman Enters Rehab
South African rock band Seether has to, unfortunately, cancel their August tour dates following frontman Shaun Morgan's decision to check himself into a rehabilitation clinic for treatment of substance abuse.
Hence, Morgan's treatment has forced the band to cancel its August touring plans and following scheduled appearances this week, all future plans have been placed on hold until further notice.
"I'm deeply sorry that this news comes right before a planned tour, especially one that I was so excited about, and I hope that everyone understands," the singer said in a statement. "I need help with addictions that I can't kick on my own. These things are making me sick, and could potentially harm me permanently."
Seether had initially planned to tour with Staind and Three Days Grace starting August 5 in Maryland Heights, Missouri, for a 16-date run that was set to wrap up August 30 in Birmingham, Alabama, all of which are to support their recently released live acoustic album "One Cold Night".
However, Seether will still appear with Alice in Chains, Buckcherry and a host of others on Saturday, for a gig at Columbia Meadows on Oregon's Deer Island.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding