Welcome Back Katharine McPhee
Katharine McPhee is ready to get back on stage. The American Idol runner-up, who has missed the start of the "American Idol" summer tour due to both laryngitis and bronchitis right before the tour was set to start, is healthy now and thus is ready to kick off the gig starting Thursday July 27th.
In a one-on-one interview with her sister and "EXTRA" Special Correspondent Adriana McPhee, Katharine spills about the struggle she had when her voice gave out due to both diseases.
"It was definitely difficult, especially with the media making assumptions about what exactly it was, she's ditching the tour for a movie, all these silly things...it's just part of the business and I'm happy I'm healthy." Katharine said while adding "I felt horrible. It's a huge disappointment. You're not only disappointing yourself but you're disappointing the people who work for you, your fans most importantly....this is like my first official day of actually speaking."
What's more, Katharine also has signed on as the first spokesperson for Big Sexy hair products, about which she said "I was just thrilled to represent it. It's a great name for a company." Her becoming a spokesperson for the related products was made public Wednesday July 26th at a press conference took place at Ritz-Carlton hotel New York.
More Katharine McPhee News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special