Welcome Back Katharine McPhee
Katharine McPhee is ready to get back on stage. The American Idol runner-up, who has missed the start of the "American Idol" summer tour due to both laryngitis and bronchitis right before the tour was set to start, is healthy now and thus is ready to kick off the gig starting Thursday July 27th.
In a one-on-one interview with her sister and "EXTRA" Special Correspondent Adriana McPhee, Katharine spills about the struggle she had when her voice gave out due to both diseases.
"It was definitely difficult, especially with the media making assumptions about what exactly it was, she's ditching the tour for a movie, all these silly things...it's just part of the business and I'm happy I'm healthy." Katharine said while adding "I felt horrible. It's a huge disappointment. You're not only disappointing yourself but you're disappointing the people who work for you, your fans most importantly....this is like my first official day of actually speaking."
What's more, Katharine also has signed on as the first spokesperson for Big Sexy hair products, about which she said "I was just thrilled to represent it. It's a great name for a company." Her becoming a spokesperson for the related products was made public Wednesday July 26th at a press conference took place at Ritz-Carlton hotel New York.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture