Nicolas Cage to Produce and Star in "Liberace"
Welcome back to Las Vegas for Nicolas Cage. The actor is reported about to produce and star in a new biopic about the life of Wladziu Valentino Liberace, a pianist whose rise to fame began in the 1950s, when his musical TV show competed with and often bested "I Love Lucy" for ratings.
Cage is producing the project, tentatively titled "Liberace", via his Saturn Films production company based on a script by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.
No studio has been attached, though Cage is said to be meeting with directors in the weeks to come, and is said to want to go before cameras as early as October of this year.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip