The North American Box Office's Top 10 Final Figures
The estimated ticket sales at the North American box office for July 14-16 period shows the dominance of the "Pirates". The adventure, action, comedy flick, tentatively titled "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", taking in another $62.2 million in ticket sales, thus rules the movie chart for a second weekend.
On top of that attainment, the movie also has quickly become the year's top-grossing film, rocketing past "X-Men: The Last Stand," which has taken in $232 million in eight weeks, with the "Pirates" sequel raising its 10-day total to $258.2 million. Meanwhile, The Wayans brothers comedy "Little Man" claims the 2nd spot with about $21.7 million, just one place ahead of "You, Me and Dupree" at 3rd with $21.3 million.
Rounding out the top-five are Warner Bros.' "Superman Returns" with $11.6 million to be at No. 4, and 20th Century Fox's "The Devil Wears Prada" with $10.4 million is at No. 5. Round out the top tier at No. 6 to 10 in a row are "Cars," $7.5 million, "Click," $7 million, "The Lake House," $1.6 million, "Nacho Libre," $1.5 million, and "A Scanner Darkly," $1.2 million.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death