The Top 10 Albums for the Week Ended Sunday
Johnny Cash's "American V: A Hundred Highways" earns the No. 1 spot on Billboard's albums chart with 88,000 copies sold in the week ended Sunday. This of course is a great attainment a set has ever reached considering the slow holiday week at retail, while also marks the late singer's No. 1 album since 1969's "At San Quentin".
What is more about "American V: A Hundred Highways", which is a collection of songs Cash recorded just before his death in 2003, the set moreover also crowned the Top Country Albums tally, knocking the Dixie Chicks' "Taking the Long Way" to No. 2 after seven weeks on top.
Meanwhile, the 2nd position on the album charts is secured by Nelly Furtado's "Loose" which climbs three spots with 81,000 copies sold. Last week's chart-topper India.Arie's "Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship" falls to No. 3 with 69,000 copies sold, ahead of the Chicks' "Taking the Long Way" at No. 4 with 57,000 units sold and Gnarls Barkley's "St. Elsewhere" at No. 5 with 56,000 copies sold.
Rihanna's "A Girl Like Me" slipping from No. 5 to No. 6 sold another 55,000 copies, while Rascal Flatts' "Me and My Gang" sold another 55,000 copies to be at the 7th spot. Rounding out the Top 10 are the soundtrack to Disney's "High School Musical" at No. 8, Dashboard Confessional's "Dusk and Summer" at No. 9, and Rise Against's "The Sufferer and the Witness" at No. 10.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny