Calls in Sick, Katharine McPhee Skips "Idol" Tour
Calls in sick, American Idol runner up Katharine McPhee skip the opening nights of the "American Idols Live!" took place Wednesday July 5th in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Promoters released word on McPhee absence from the gig just hours before the start of the sold-out show, citing the singer suffers from "severe bronchitis and laryngitis" because of which her doctor prescribed "total voice rest."
"I am disappointed and I am sorry to disappoint my fans who will be attending the start of the American Idols Live tour," McPhee said in a written statement. However, she said, "I need to follow my doctor's orders to recuperate and reunite with the rest of the Idols."
More Katharine McPhee News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama