Hollywood's Famous Figures Invited to Join Academy
Numbers of Hollywood celebrities have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The lucky stars among the 120 other executives set to receive the invitations on Wednesday including Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Eric Bana and Keira Knightley.
"Two years ago the Academy decided to slow membership growth, and to become even more selective in choosing members," Academy President Sid Ganis said on the actors' choosing. "Instead of inviting every proposed person who has achieved the minimum qualifications for his or her branch, the membership committees are selecting the most exceptionally qualified names from those lists."
The Academy will welcome new members on Sept. 20 at a reception at its Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences