Hollywood's Famous Figures Invited to Join Academy
Numbers of Hollywood celebrities have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The lucky stars among the 120 other executives set to receive the invitations on Wednesday including Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Eric Bana and Keira Knightley.
"Two years ago the Academy decided to slow membership growth, and to become even more selective in choosing members," Academy President Sid Ganis said on the actors' choosing. "Instead of inviting every proposed person who has achieved the minimum qualifications for his or her branch, the membership committees are selecting the most exceptionally qualified names from those lists."
The Academy will welcome new members on Sept. 20 at a reception at its Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills.
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host