Nominees of the 21st annual Imagen Awards Announced
Being consistent in recognizing positive portrayals of Latinos in entertainment industry, Imagen Awards once more comes to the surface this year with notable names included in the nomination list announced Thursday, June 29. In category of Best Leading Actor, there lined up the likes of Antonio Banderas, Andy Garcia, and John Leguizamo while that of Best Leading Actress put together Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, Ines Sastre, also America Ferrera, who received praise from her performance in acclaimed teen flick "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants."
Other stars who nabbed nomination at the event included Alexa Vega, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Michael Pena, Jimmy Smits, and Danny Pino, the latter three being nominated in the same category of Best Lead TV Actor. Meanwhile, "The Lost City", "Take the Lead", and "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D" have been mentioned as the three finalists for the Best Picture category.
Presenting nominees in 16 categories this time with the eligibility period running from April 1, 2005 to April 30, 2006, the event is scheduled to announce the winners on August 18 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?