Nominees of the 21st annual Imagen Awards Announced
Being consistent in recognizing positive portrayals of Latinos in entertainment industry, Imagen Awards once more comes to the surface this year with notable names included in the nomination list announced Thursday, June 29. In category of Best Leading Actor, there lined up the likes of Antonio Banderas, Andy Garcia, and John Leguizamo while that of Best Leading Actress put together Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, Ines Sastre, also America Ferrera, who received praise from her performance in acclaimed teen flick "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants."
Other stars who nabbed nomination at the event included Alexa Vega, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Michael Pena, Jimmy Smits, and Danny Pino, the latter three being nominated in the same category of Best Lead TV Actor. Meanwhile, "The Lost City", "Take the Lead", and "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D" have been mentioned as the three finalists for the Best Picture category.
Presenting nominees in 16 categories this time with the eligibility period running from April 1, 2005 to April 30, 2006, the event is scheduled to announce the winners on August 18 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer