Nominees of the 21st annual Imagen Awards Announced
Being consistent in recognizing positive portrayals of Latinos in entertainment industry, Imagen Awards once more comes to the surface this year with notable names included in the nomination list announced Thursday, June 29. In category of Best Leading Actor, there lined up the likes of Antonio Banderas, Andy Garcia, and John Leguizamo while that of Best Leading Actress put together Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, Ines Sastre, also America Ferrera, who received praise from her performance in acclaimed teen flick "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants."
Other stars who nabbed nomination at the event included Alexa Vega, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Michael Pena, Jimmy Smits, and Danny Pino, the latter three being nominated in the same category of Best Lead TV Actor. Meanwhile, "The Lost City", "Take the Lead", and "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D" have been mentioned as the three finalists for the Best Picture category.
Presenting nominees in 16 categories this time with the eligibility period running from April 1, 2005 to April 30, 2006, the event is scheduled to announce the winners on August 18 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards