"Golden Compass" Starts Rolling on September 4
Wanting to repeat the success of Lord of the Rings trilogy, New Line Cinema now takes full attention to bring up "The Golden Compass" to the big screen. The film company has announced on Thursday, June 29 its intention to start the filming production of the picture on September 4 in U.K. with estimated budget around $150 million.
Produced by Andrew Miano and Bill Carraro, "Golden Compass" sure is one ambitious project of New Line, consisting an all-star production team, mostly Oscar-nominated, which includes Dennis Gassner in production design, Ruth Myers in costume, and Mike Fink in visual effects. Meanwhile, directing task is entrusted to the hand of "About a Boy" director, Paul Weist, with newcomer Dakota Blue Richards billed to play the lead character, Lyra Belacqua.
Adapted from the first of the "His Dark Materials" trilogy written by award-winning author Philip Pullman, the movie follows the story of a young girl who undergoes a long journey to save her best friend. Traveling to the far north, she later bumps into shape-shifting creatures, witches, and a variety of otherworldly characters in parallel universes.
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!