Fox Sticks to the Plan to Develop "Wolverine"
"X-Men" fans probably could now draw a relief breath as Twentieth Century Fox still preserves its intention to bring up the film franchise's spin-off of "Wolverine." A studio spokesman pointed out on Wednesday, June 28 that the movie is in development with a working script though the company has not yet found an appropriate director to helm the project.
To support the film progress, Hugh Jackman as the actor who portrays the Adamantium-clawed mutant has delightfully made an appearance in a videotape touting the project for conventioneers at Cine Expo in Amsterdam earlier this week. However, it seems that moviegoers would have to wait long enough for the cinematic release since Fox was still unsure that the picture would be ready before 2008 since Jackman is slated to be involved in Baz Luhrmann's project first.
A native of Australia, Jackman has played Wolverine in three installments of "X-Men" series, the latest being "X-Men: The Last Stand" alongside original cast which included Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, and Famke Janssen. "Last Stand" itself is proven to be a big success in box-office, already grossing over $220 million in domestic ticket sales alone.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years