DiCaprio Gets Timothy Leary Resurrected
Taking one step further in his effort to develop a biopic of counterculture icon Timothy Leary, Leonardo DiCaprio has earned positive sign from Obie-winning playwright Craig Lucas and Timothy Leary archivist Michael Horowitz to be involved in the project which has been DiCaprio's dream for several years.
Eyeing the feature as a possible starring vehicle, the popular actor in fact has come to Leary's acquaintance before his death in 1996 and has since aimed to work on his idea on transforming the famed LSD advocate's life to film feature.
While the movie is intended to take focus on Leary's life between his enrollment at West Point in the early 1940s and his escape from prison in 1970, Lucas is likely to be the one who is responsible for the scripts. This unconventional writer-director, who delivered his helming debut "The Dying Gaul" last year, has been known for his writing work in "The Secret Lives of Dentists" and "Prelude to a Kiss."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza