DiCaprio Gets Timothy Leary Resurrected
Taking one step further in his effort to develop a biopic of counterculture icon Timothy Leary, Leonardo DiCaprio has earned positive sign from Obie-winning playwright Craig Lucas and Timothy Leary archivist Michael Horowitz to be involved in the project which has been DiCaprio's dream for several years.
Eyeing the feature as a possible starring vehicle, the popular actor in fact has come to Leary's acquaintance before his death in 1996 and has since aimed to work on his idea on transforming the famed LSD advocate's life to film feature.
While the movie is intended to take focus on Leary's life between his enrollment at West Point in the early 1940s and his escape from prison in 1970, Lucas is likely to be the one who is responsible for the scripts. This unconventional writer-director, who delivered his helming debut "The Dying Gaul" last year, has been known for his writing work in "The Secret Lives of Dentists" and "Prelude to a Kiss."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'