DiCaprio Gets Timothy Leary Resurrected
Taking one step further in his effort to develop a biopic of counterculture icon Timothy Leary, Leonardo DiCaprio has earned positive sign from Obie-winning playwright Craig Lucas and Timothy Leary archivist Michael Horowitz to be involved in the project which has been DiCaprio's dream for several years.
Eyeing the feature as a possible starring vehicle, the popular actor in fact has come to Leary's acquaintance before his death in 1996 and has since aimed to work on his idea on transforming the famed LSD advocate's life to film feature.
While the movie is intended to take focus on Leary's life between his enrollment at West Point in the early 1940s and his escape from prison in 1970, Lucas is likely to be the one who is responsible for the scripts. This unconventional writer-director, who delivered his helming debut "The Dying Gaul" last year, has been known for his writing work in "The Secret Lives of Dentists" and "Prelude to a Kiss."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?