Films Lined up for the 31st Toronto International Film Fest
As the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival is getting closer to draw its curtain up, the event's programmers have officially announced on Tuesday, June 27 25 pictures which will encounter their North American premieres at the festival.
Nearly all of movies featured turned out to have seen their screenings at this year's Cannes Film Festival held last May , like "Babel", "The Wind That Shakes the Barley", "The Caiman", and "Lights in the Dusk."
Scheduled to run from September 7 to 16, the festival also aims to roll documentary from Cannes, "These Girls", for its Real to Reel section. A film made by Egyptian filmmaker Tahani Rached, the movie tells about the life of several young girls who defy social mores in Cairo.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'