The 2006 BET Awards Winners
When some other artists nabbed only one award, the likes of Mary J. Blige, Kanye West, Jamie Foxx and Chris Brown were all double winners at the 6th annual BET Awards held Tuesday June 27th, 2006. As of J. Blige, the singer was honored with Female R&B Artist and Video of the Year awards.
Meanwhile, West and Foxx both shared the Duet/Collaboration and Video of the Year awards for their duet on "Gold Digger". Chris Brown, in companion, brought home New Artist award and Viewers' Choice honor thanks to his set of "Yo, Excuse Me Miss". The other award winners were T.I. who was chosen as Male Hip-Hop Artist, Missy Elliott who won the Female Hip-Hop Artist award and Prince who took home Male R&B Artist prize.
Kirk Franklin, in the meantime, was chosen as Gospel Artist, Black Eyed Peas nabbed the Best Group award, Terrence Howard named the Best Actor, and many more. Click on BET.com for complete winners list.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event