"Dallas" Includes Katie Cassidy in the Ewings
As the film version of "Dallas" keeps adding its cast, it eventually picks up Katie Cassidy to the line-up as Lucy Ewing and so puts off the hope of either Jessica Simpson or Kristin Cavallari to secure the role, so TMZ has reported.
Daughter of Vegas showman David Cassidy, the actress therefore joins the likes of John Travolta and Jennifer Lopez to work together in bringing up the long-running '80s drama series to the big screen. The 19-year-old star previously has appeared in "When a Stranger Calls" and most recently, "Click", which has taken the first spot in U.S box-office this week.
Production will begin in mid-October with Gurinder Chadha, widely known for her work in "Bend it Like Beckham", as the project's helmer.
More Dallas News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza