Justin Lin Revives Bruce Lee, in Comedy
Bruce Lee is back! Well, indirectly. Under the hand of Justin Lin, the helm for the sensational "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift", the old rendezvous of Lee's remarkable kung-fu kicks is going to entertain moviegoers, in comedy form.
Lin is going to start shooting within six more weeks for a movie he called as the "a comedy about denial, more than anything". The movie does take the legendary Bruce Lee as the underlying idea. Setting back in the 1970s, Lin is going to unveil the real thing happened during the filming of Lee's dream project, "Game of Death". It was Lee's movie project put on hold due to his starring in the Warner Bros.' screenplay project, "Enter the Dragon" back in 1973.
Lee is one of the Asian movie stars who tried to enter Hollywood's showbiz. After struggling over several blockages, Bruce Lee did get the chance and, in the end, made a smashing debut in the "Dragon". Tragically, the kung-fu legend suddenly and mysteriously died even before the "Dragon" was premiered.
"Game of Death" itself was finally released in Hollywood back in 1978, though Bruce Lee eventually only appeared for 12 minutes at the most, leaving the rest 70 minutes to the fake Bruce Lee. This is the angle where Lin is determined to sneak in. In the project entitled "Finishing the Game", Lin is going to bring up the story line of "who will be the fake Bruce Lee". Lin said he receives supports from his loyal friends whom he gathered during the filming of "Better Luck Tomorrow", "Annapolis", "Fast and the Furious" and the recent "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift". Lin unveiled that it is his "no-budget movie". He claimed to be both scared yet excited on working a comedy after his sets of action films.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier