Tom Petty's New Recording Contract
Tom Petty and renowned producer Rick Rubin's American Recordings have both reached an agreement over a new recording contract which the American musician has signed. That being so, Petty will have his album "Highway Companion", his first solo album since 1994's Rick Rubin-produced "Wildflowers", released July 25.
The first single of the set, titled "Saving Grace," made its world premiere during ABC's telecast of the June 8 NBA Finals game between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat. The song can be streamed from Petty's Web site (http://www.tompetty.com) and will be available July 4 via digital download retailers.
"Highway Companion" is produced by longtime collaborator Jeff Lynne, Petty, The Heartbreakers, and Mike Campbell.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series