Tom Petty's New Recording Contract
Tom Petty and renowned producer Rick Rubin's American Recordings have both reached an agreement over a new recording contract which the American musician has signed. That being so, Petty will have his album "Highway Companion", his first solo album since 1994's Rick Rubin-produced "Wildflowers", released July 25.
The first single of the set, titled "Saving Grace," made its world premiere during ABC's telecast of the June 8 NBA Finals game between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat. The song can be streamed from Petty's Web site (http://www.tompetty.com) and will be available July 4 via digital download retailers.
"Highway Companion" is produced by longtime collaborator Jeff Lynne, Petty, The Heartbreakers, and Mike Campbell.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death