Tom Petty's New Recording Contract
Tom Petty and renowned producer Rick Rubin's American Recordings have both reached an agreement over a new recording contract which the American musician has signed. That being so, Petty will have his album "Highway Companion", his first solo album since 1994's Rick Rubin-produced "Wildflowers", released July 25.
The first single of the set, titled "Saving Grace," made its world premiere during ABC's telecast of the June 8 NBA Finals game between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat. The song can be streamed from Petty's Web site (http://www.tompetty.com) and will be available July 4 via digital download retailers.
"Highway Companion" is produced by longtime collaborator Jeff Lynne, Petty, The Heartbreakers, and Mike Campbell.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her