No Charges for Supermodel Kate Moss Over Alleged Drug Use
Nine months after London's Daily Mirror published photos of Kate Moss allegedly using cocaine in a recording studio with then boyfriend Pete Doherty, Britain's Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) declared Thursday June 15th, 2006 that they are unable to pursue charges against the supermodel.
The Crown Prosecution Service said it had concluded that there was insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of convicting Moss. Thus, the beauty was questioned by police but not arrested.
"The film footage provides an absolutely clear indication that Ms. Moss was using controlled drugs and providing them to others," said Rene Barclay, the CPS' London director of serious casework. "However, in the absence of any forensic evidence, or direct eye witness evidence about the substance in question, its precise nature could not be established. In fact "Ms. Moss declined to provide any explanation when interviewed, and the direct eye witnesses also declined to provide evidence."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!