Christina Milian & Def Jam Parted Ways
Christina Milian has been dropped from her record label Island Def Jam, that's an unfortunate for the R&B singer after only a month releasing her third album "SO Amazin'."
Milian was reportedly dumped by the music label after angered Island Def Jam boss L.A. Reid due to poor album sales. In a further reports it is mentioned that Milian refused to record "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)" - which went on to be a huge hit for Milian's label mate Rihanna.
The fact that the track sold 115 000 copies in its debut week, while Milian's preferred track "Say I" sold a merely 50 000 units has led Reid infuriated. Though so, Milian's representative insisted "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."
The label is believed to blame Milian's boyfriend, and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano for her refusal to record the track. Island Def Jam has now signed Keyshia Cole as Milian's replacement.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen