Christina Milian & Def Jam Parted Ways
Christina Milian has been dropped from her record label Island Def Jam, that's an unfortunate for the R&B singer after only a month releasing her third album "SO Amazin'."
Milian was reportedly dumped by the music label after angered Island Def Jam boss L.A. Reid due to poor album sales. In a further reports it is mentioned that Milian refused to record "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)" - which went on to be a huge hit for Milian's label mate Rihanna.
The fact that the track sold 115 000 copies in its debut week, while Milian's preferred track "Say I" sold a merely 50 000 units has led Reid infuriated. Though so, Milian's representative insisted "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."
The label is believed to blame Milian's boyfriend, and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano for her refusal to record the track. Island Def Jam has now signed Keyshia Cole as Milian's replacement.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women