Christina Milian & Def Jam Parted Ways
Christina Milian has been dropped from her record label Island Def Jam, that's an unfortunate for the R&B singer after only a month releasing her third album "SO Amazin'."
Milian was reportedly dumped by the music label after angered Island Def Jam boss L.A. Reid due to poor album sales. In a further reports it is mentioned that Milian refused to record "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)" - which went on to be a huge hit for Milian's label mate Rihanna.
The fact that the track sold 115 000 copies in its debut week, while Milian's preferred track "Say I" sold a merely 50 000 units has led Reid infuriated. Though so, Milian's representative insisted "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."
The label is believed to blame Milian's boyfriend, and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano for her refusal to record the track. Island Def Jam has now signed Keyshia Cole as Milian's replacement.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle