Christina Milian & Def Jam Parted Ways
Christina Milian has been dropped from her record label Island Def Jam, that's an unfortunate for the R&B singer after only a month releasing her third album "SO Amazin'."
Milian was reportedly dumped by the music label after angered Island Def Jam boss L.A. Reid due to poor album sales. In a further reports it is mentioned that Milian refused to record "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)" - which went on to be a huge hit for Milian's label mate Rihanna.
The fact that the track sold 115 000 copies in its debut week, while Milian's preferred track "Say I" sold a merely 50 000 units has led Reid infuriated. Though so, Milian's representative insisted "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."
The label is believed to blame Milian's boyfriend, and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano for her refusal to record the track. Island Def Jam has now signed Keyshia Cole as Milian's replacement.
More Christina Milian News
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6