Christina Milian & Def Jam Parted Ways
Christina Milian has been dropped from her record label Island Def Jam, that's an unfortunate for the R&B singer after only a month releasing her third album "SO Amazin'."
Milian was reportedly dumped by the music label after angered Island Def Jam boss L.A. Reid due to poor album sales. In a further reports it is mentioned that Milian refused to record "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)" - which went on to be a huge hit for Milian's label mate Rihanna.
The fact that the track sold 115 000 copies in its debut week, while Milian's preferred track "Say I" sold a merely 50 000 units has led Reid infuriated. Though so, Milian's representative insisted "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."
The label is believed to blame Milian's boyfriend, and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano for her refusal to record the track. Island Def Jam has now signed Keyshia Cole as Milian's replacement.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back