The Book Thief: Another Novel-Based to Screen
After Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" brought into the big screen, "The Book Thief" written by Markus Zusak is ready to become the next-best thing. Fox 2000 has Karen Rosenfelt as the producer for the novel that receives various high appraisals, including the New York Post and USA Today.
Karen Rosenfelt herself is also producing the full-of-stars, Christmas-time movie in 2006, "Charlotte's Web," and another Julia Roberts-starred drama about a family with autistic son, "Daniel Isn't Talking."
"The Book Thief" unveils the life story of a young, foster girl, Liesel Meminger, who has the irresistible passion on books, during the bombing raids in World War II. It tells on how she shares the joy of feeding the soul through books she stole with both her neighbors and a hidden-Jewish man.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2