The Book Thief: Another Novel-Based to Screen
After Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" brought into the big screen, "The Book Thief" written by Markus Zusak is ready to become the next-best thing. Fox 2000 has Karen Rosenfelt as the producer for the novel that receives various high appraisals, including the New York Post and USA Today.
Karen Rosenfelt herself is also producing the full-of-stars, Christmas-time movie in 2006, "Charlotte's Web," and another Julia Roberts-starred drama about a family with autistic son, "Daniel Isn't Talking."
"The Book Thief" unveils the life story of a young, foster girl, Liesel Meminger, who has the irresistible passion on books, during the bombing raids in World War II. It tells on how she shares the joy of feeding the soul through books she stole with both her neighbors and a hidden-Jewish man.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!