The Top 10 Films for June 9-11 Period
It really is a very short period for drama comedy "The Break-Up" to top the North America box office for just one week, before in June 9-11 period slips one place to No. 2 after "Cars", the latest animated feature from newly merged Walt Disney Co. and Pixar Animation Studios, seizes the No. 1 position with an estimated ticket sales of $62.8 million.
Now becoming the 2nd, "The Break-Up" garnering $20.5 million in ticket sales, ahead of "X-Men: The Last Stand" which is at No. 3 with $15.5 million and "The Omen" at No. 4 with $15.4 million. Finishing in 5th place is "Over the Hedge" with an estimated $10.301 million, while "The Da Vinci Code" is at No. 6 garnering another $10.3 million.
The chart's next best bows are "A Prairie Home Companion" ($4.6 million), "Mission: Impossible 3" ($3 million), "R.V." ($2 million), and "Poseidon" ($1.8 million), all of which securing the No. 7, 8, 9, and 10 in succession.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere