Green Day Plans "American Idiot" Follow-Up
California pop punk band Green Day has worked on the follow-up to their hugely successful 2004 album "American Idiot". The newly project has been dubbed "an event", that's for everybody to know.
Concerning the new music project, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Pop Music Awards that new material was in the works.
"Everything that we do is contributing to something that we're going to put out," Armstrong told MTV.com. "We don't have a solid idea yet, it's just the beginning, but the beginning ideas that we have are really exciting."
He adds, "So however we're going to come out with our next album, just be certain it's going to be an event, not just putting a record out." In addition to the new album, Green Day also is keeping busy with plans to create a film based on the "American Idiot" storyline.
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo