Green Day Plans "American Idiot" Follow-Up
California pop punk band Green Day has worked on the follow-up to their hugely successful 2004 album "American Idiot". The newly project has been dubbed "an event", that's for everybody to know.
Concerning the new music project, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Pop Music Awards that new material was in the works.
"Everything that we do is contributing to something that we're going to put out," Armstrong told MTV.com. "We don't have a solid idea yet, it's just the beginning, but the beginning ideas that we have are really exciting."
He adds, "So however we're going to come out with our next album, just be certain it's going to be an event, not just putting a record out." In addition to the new album, Green Day also is keeping busy with plans to create a film based on the "American Idiot" storyline.
More Green Day News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences