Green Day Plans "American Idiot" Follow-Up
California pop punk band Green Day has worked on the follow-up to their hugely successful 2004 album "American Idiot". The newly project has been dubbed "an event", that's for everybody to know.
Concerning the new music project, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Pop Music Awards that new material was in the works.
"Everything that we do is contributing to something that we're going to put out," Armstrong told MTV.com. "We don't have a solid idea yet, it's just the beginning, but the beginning ideas that we have are really exciting."
He adds, "So however we're going to come out with our next album, just be certain it's going to be an event, not just putting a record out." In addition to the new album, Green Day also is keeping busy with plans to create a film based on the "American Idiot" storyline.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift