Green Day Plans "American Idiot" Follow-Up
California pop punk band Green Day has worked on the follow-up to their hugely successful 2004 album "American Idiot". The newly project has been dubbed "an event", that's for everybody to know.
Concerning the new music project, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Pop Music Awards that new material was in the works.
"Everything that we do is contributing to something that we're going to put out," Armstrong told MTV.com. "We don't have a solid idea yet, it's just the beginning, but the beginning ideas that we have are really exciting."
He adds, "So however we're going to come out with our next album, just be certain it's going to be an event, not just putting a record out." In addition to the new album, Green Day also is keeping busy with plans to create a film based on the "American Idiot" storyline.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent