Green Day Plans "American Idiot" Follow-Up
California pop punk band Green Day has worked on the follow-up to their hugely successful 2004 album "American Idiot". The newly project has been dubbed "an event", that's for everybody to know.
Concerning the new music project, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Pop Music Awards that new material was in the works.
"Everything that we do is contributing to something that we're going to put out," Armstrong told MTV.com. "We don't have a solid idea yet, it's just the beginning, but the beginning ideas that we have are really exciting."
He adds, "So however we're going to come out with our next album, just be certain it's going to be an event, not just putting a record out." In addition to the new album, Green Day also is keeping busy with plans to create a film based on the "American Idiot" storyline.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory