Celebrated the Birth of Their Daughter, Brangelina Make Donation
Felling happy upon welcoming the new addition to their family, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie celebrated the birth of their daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, by donating $300,000 to local hospitals in Namibia. The amount of donation will be used to help other babies in this impoverished southern African country, according to a government statement Monday May 29th, 2006.
In addition to the $300,000 donation, which was given to two state-run hospitals, the celebrity couple also pledged $15,000 for a school and a community center in Swakopmund, which they once visited during their stay in the country.
"We want to contribute to Namibia and the people who have been so gracious to us at this time." The celebrities were quoted as saying in the statement.
More Brad Pitt News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show