"The Wind" Shakes the Cannes Festival
The Cannes festival held on Sunday May 28th 2006 saw the winning of Ken Loach's "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" because of which the British director nabbed the "Palme d'Or".
"We live in extraordinary times and that has made people political in a way they maybe weren't in the previous four, five, six years", Loach told reporters soon after receiving the award.
Also he added "The wars that we have seen, the occupations that we see throughout the world -- people finally cannot turn away from that. It's very exciting to be able to deal with this in films, and not just be a complement to the popcorn."
Also listed among big winners at the festival took place on the French Riviera was Penelope Cruz who shared the Best Actress prize with Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo and Lola Duenas. Elsewhere, brought home the Best Actor prize were Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri and Sami Bouajila.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week