"The Wind" Shakes the Cannes Festival
The Cannes festival held on Sunday May 28th 2006 saw the winning of Ken Loach's "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" because of which the British director nabbed the "Palme d'Or".
"We live in extraordinary times and that has made people political in a way they maybe weren't in the previous four, five, six years", Loach told reporters soon after receiving the award.
Also he added "The wars that we have seen, the occupations that we see throughout the world -- people finally cannot turn away from that. It's very exciting to be able to deal with this in films, and not just be a complement to the popcorn."
Also listed among big winners at the festival took place on the French Riviera was Penelope Cruz who shared the Best Actress prize with Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo and Lola Duenas. Elsewhere, brought home the Best Actor prize were Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri and Sami Bouajila.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says