"The Wind" Shakes the Cannes Festival
The Cannes festival held on Sunday May 28th 2006 saw the winning of Ken Loach's "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" because of which the British director nabbed the "Palme d'Or".
"We live in extraordinary times and that has made people political in a way they maybe weren't in the previous four, five, six years", Loach told reporters soon after receiving the award.
Also he added "The wars that we have seen, the occupations that we see throughout the world -- people finally cannot turn away from that. It's very exciting to be able to deal with this in films, and not just be a complement to the popcorn."
Also listed among big winners at the festival took place on the French Riviera was Penelope Cruz who shared the Best Actress prize with Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo and Lola Duenas. Elsewhere, brought home the Best Actor prize were Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri and Sami Bouajila.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour