"The Wind" Shakes the Cannes Festival
The Cannes festival held on Sunday May 28th 2006 saw the winning of Ken Loach's "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" because of which the British director nabbed the "Palme d'Or".
"We live in extraordinary times and that has made people political in a way they maybe weren't in the previous four, five, six years", Loach told reporters soon after receiving the award.
Also he added "The wars that we have seen, the occupations that we see throughout the world -- people finally cannot turn away from that. It's very exciting to be able to deal with this in films, and not just be a complement to the popcorn."
Also listed among big winners at the festival took place on the French Riviera was Penelope Cruz who shared the Best Actress prize with Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo and Lola Duenas. Elsewhere, brought home the Best Actor prize were Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri and Sami Bouajila.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'