"The Wind" Shakes the Cannes Festival
The Cannes festival held on Sunday May 28th 2006 saw the winning of Ken Loach's "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" because of which the British director nabbed the "Palme d'Or".
"We live in extraordinary times and that has made people political in a way they maybe weren't in the previous four, five, six years", Loach told reporters soon after receiving the award.
Also he added "The wars that we have seen, the occupations that we see throughout the world -- people finally cannot turn away from that. It's very exciting to be able to deal with this in films, and not just be a complement to the popcorn."
Also listed among big winners at the festival took place on the French Riviera was Penelope Cruz who shared the Best Actress prize with Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo and Lola Duenas. Elsewhere, brought home the Best Actor prize were Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri and Sami Bouajila.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3