Jacko Looks Forward to His Visit to Japan
The self-proclaimed King of Pop Michael Jackson is slated to accept MTV Japan's Legend Award on Saturday May 27th, 2006, and thus marking his first public appearance since his trial acquittal last June.
While will appear at MTV Japan's Video Music Awards takes place at Yoyugi Olympic Stadium to receive his honor, a career-spanning accolade awarded to artists for extraordinary contributions to music and music videos, Jacko will also launch an Asian tour besides plans to visit Singapore, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Jackson was quoted as saying, "I look forward to my visit to Japan because I have so many fond memories of my visits there. I thank MTV Japan for this honor...I look forward to seeing old friends, and saying hello to my huge fan base in Japan, who, like my other fans around the world, have for so many years consistently shown their love and support to me and my family."
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!