Kanye West Sued for Auto Lease Default
Digging gold isn't an easy thing to do. It takes time. Apparently, such activity has kept Kanye West busy all day long that he forgot to pay the lease payments on a 2003 Mercedes Benz G500 he obtained at a New Jersey dealership.
Thus, DaimerChrysler Financial Services (DCFS), a private Delaware-based trust, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court accusing West and his company KonMan Entertainment of reneging on the lease deal, which required the rapper's camp to pony up $1,295 a month for 39 months.
In fact, when the lease expired on January 18, West didn't immediately return the SUV despite the fact that he himself had guaranteed that the payments would roll in on schedule. As a consequence, The DCFS trust is seeking for $53,747 in damages along with accrued payments, interest and late fees.
More Kanye West News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'