Perry Will Be Returning to Primetime Televion
It is confirmed Thursday May 4th, 2006 by NBC that Matthew Perry will be returning to primetime television this fall. The guy reportedly is landing his feet on the hour-long drama "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" for its 2006-07 schedule.
Created by Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme, the series will focus on the backstage antics of the talent and production team who work on a late-night sketch comedy show, à la Saturday Night Live.
As for his part, Perry is slated to portray Matt Albie who, along with creative partner Danny Tripp, played by Bradley Whitford, is trying to lead the aforementioned show through a comedic renaissance. Also joining the ensemble are Amanda Peet, Sarah Paulson, D.L. Hughley, Steven Weber and The Daily Show's Nathan Corddry, all as strong personalities who are bound to clash in some entertaining way.
More Matthew Perry News
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes