Celine Dion Goes on Performing After Illness
After an ear pain that caused her to unfortunately cancel six shows last month, Celine Dion goes on performing again. The pop diva was forced to cancel nearly a week's worth of gigs in April due to a rare ear disease called labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear often accompanied by an impaired sense of balance.
It is said that Celine refused medication that could dry out her vocal cords, despite being told it could take her up to a year to heal. And when a doctor said jittery movements in her eyes had stopped, the singer said she "took a chance" and returned to performing. She said she's "95 percent" better now.
And hence Celine returned to the Caesar's Palace stage Friday April 28th, 2006 while will put on her 500th show on next Sunday. It is a benefit production to raise $1 million for the Celine Dion Foundation, which will in turn disperse the money to 10 separate local charities.
More Celine Dion News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram