Celine Dion Goes on Performing After Illness
After an ear pain that caused her to unfortunately cancel six shows last month, Celine Dion goes on performing again. The pop diva was forced to cancel nearly a week's worth of gigs in April due to a rare ear disease called labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear often accompanied by an impaired sense of balance.
It is said that Celine refused medication that could dry out her vocal cords, despite being told it could take her up to a year to heal. And when a doctor said jittery movements in her eyes had stopped, the singer said she "took a chance" and returned to performing. She said she's "95 percent" better now.
And hence Celine returned to the Caesar's Palace stage Friday April 28th, 2006 while will put on her 500th show on next Sunday. It is a benefit production to raise $1 million for the Celine Dion Foundation, which will in turn disperse the money to 10 separate local charities.
More Celine Dion News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding