Celine Dion Goes on Performing After Illness
After an ear pain that caused her to unfortunately cancel six shows last month, Celine Dion goes on performing again. The pop diva was forced to cancel nearly a week's worth of gigs in April due to a rare ear disease called labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear often accompanied by an impaired sense of balance.
It is said that Celine refused medication that could dry out her vocal cords, despite being told it could take her up to a year to heal. And when a doctor said jittery movements in her eyes had stopped, the singer said she "took a chance" and returned to performing. She said she's "95 percent" better now.
And hence Celine returned to the Caesar's Palace stage Friday April 28th, 2006 while will put on her 500th show on next Sunday. It is a benefit production to raise $1 million for the Celine Dion Foundation, which will in turn disperse the money to 10 separate local charities.
More Celine Dion News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage