Celine Dion Goes on Performing After Illness
After an ear pain that caused her to unfortunately cancel six shows last month, Celine Dion goes on performing again. The pop diva was forced to cancel nearly a week's worth of gigs in April due to a rare ear disease called labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear often accompanied by an impaired sense of balance.
It is said that Celine refused medication that could dry out her vocal cords, despite being told it could take her up to a year to heal. And when a doctor said jittery movements in her eyes had stopped, the singer said she "took a chance" and returned to performing. She said she's "95 percent" better now.
And hence Celine returned to the Caesar's Palace stage Friday April 28th, 2006 while will put on her 500th show on next Sunday. It is a benefit production to raise $1 million for the Celine Dion Foundation, which will in turn disperse the money to 10 separate local charities.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season