Celine Dion Goes on Performing After Illness
After an ear pain that caused her to unfortunately cancel six shows last month, Celine Dion goes on performing again. The pop diva was forced to cancel nearly a week's worth of gigs in April due to a rare ear disease called labyrinthitis, an inflammation of the inner ear often accompanied by an impaired sense of balance.
It is said that Celine refused medication that could dry out her vocal cords, despite being told it could take her up to a year to heal. And when a doctor said jittery movements in her eyes had stopped, the singer said she "took a chance" and returned to performing. She said she's "95 percent" better now.
And hence Celine returned to the Caesar's Palace stage Friday April 28th, 2006 while will put on her 500th show on next Sunday. It is a benefit production to raise $1 million for the Celine Dion Foundation, which will in turn disperse the money to 10 separate local charities.
More Celine Dion News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March