The Final Recordings of Cash Set for Release
The last song Johnny Cash ever wrote before his death in September 2003, tentatively titled "Like the 309," will be released on a new album, "American V: A Hundred Highways," set for a July 4 release.
The album, which was recorded with producer Rick Rubin, also includes Cash's other music dubbed "I Came to Believe" and will be released via American Recordings/Lost Highway.
In addition to Cash's song, "American V: A Hundred Highways" also will include music written by Bruce Springsteen, Hank Williams and Gordon Lightfoot, spiritual ballads, and love songs.
"Like the 309" is about finding ultimate peace while riding a train, whereas "I Came to Believe," written and recorded earlier in Cash's career, refers to addiction and salvation that comes from a higher power.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family