The Final Recordings of Cash Set for Release
The last song Johnny Cash ever wrote before his death in September 2003, tentatively titled "Like the 309," will be released on a new album, "American V: A Hundred Highways," set for a July 4 release.
The album, which was recorded with producer Rick Rubin, also includes Cash's other music dubbed "I Came to Believe" and will be released via American Recordings/Lost Highway.
In addition to Cash's song, "American V: A Hundred Highways" also will include music written by Bruce Springsteen, Hank Williams and Gordon Lightfoot, spiritual ballads, and love songs.
"Like the 309" is about finding ultimate peace while riding a train, whereas "I Came to Believe," written and recorded earlier in Cash's career, refers to addiction and salvation that comes from a higher power.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child