The Final Recordings of Cash Set for Release
The last song Johnny Cash ever wrote before his death in September 2003, tentatively titled "Like the 309," will be released on a new album, "American V: A Hundred Highways," set for a July 4 release.
The album, which was recorded with producer Rick Rubin, also includes Cash's other music dubbed "I Came to Believe" and will be released via American Recordings/Lost Highway.
In addition to Cash's song, "American V: A Hundred Highways" also will include music written by Bruce Springsteen, Hank Williams and Gordon Lightfoot, spiritual ballads, and love songs.
"Like the 309" is about finding ultimate peace while riding a train, whereas "I Came to Believe," written and recorded earlier in Cash's career, refers to addiction and salvation that comes from a higher power.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake