The Final Recordings of Cash Set for Release
The last song Johnny Cash ever wrote before his death in September 2003, tentatively titled "Like the 309," will be released on a new album, "American V: A Hundred Highways," set for a July 4 release.
The album, which was recorded with producer Rick Rubin, also includes Cash's other music dubbed "I Came to Believe" and will be released via American Recordings/Lost Highway.
In addition to Cash's song, "American V: A Hundred Highways" also will include music written by Bruce Springsteen, Hank Williams and Gordon Lightfoot, spiritual ballads, and love songs.
"Like the 309" is about finding ultimate peace while riding a train, whereas "I Came to Believe," written and recorded earlier in Cash's career, refers to addiction and salvation that comes from a higher power.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her