Keira's 2006 Oscars Dress Sold for Over $7,000
The dress worn by actress Keira Knightley at the 2006 Oscars was finally auctioned online Monday May 1st, 2006 for more than $7,000 on auction website eBay. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the charity Oxfam.
The auction of the Vera Wang designed gown is reported to be part of Oxfam's 20 million pound ($36.4 million) appeal for 11 million East Africans facing starvation from a drought.
"We hope it will go even higher over the next couple of days. We had no idea how much interest there would be and so we are very pleased. People should be aware that £4,000 would be enough money to feed 5,000 children in Tanzania, who are facing the worst food crisis they have known, for a whole month." Spokeswoman for Oxfam says.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series