Keira's 2006 Oscars Dress Sold for Over $7,000
The dress worn by actress Keira Knightley at the 2006 Oscars was finally auctioned online Monday May 1st, 2006 for more than $7,000 on auction website eBay. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the charity Oxfam.
The auction of the Vera Wang designed gown is reported to be part of Oxfam's 20 million pound ($36.4 million) appeal for 11 million East Africans facing starvation from a drought.
"We hope it will go even higher over the next couple of days. We had no idea how much interest there would be and so we are very pleased. People should be aware that £4,000 would be enough money to feed 5,000 children in Tanzania, who are facing the worst food crisis they have known, for a whole month." Spokeswoman for Oxfam says.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure