Keira's 2006 Oscars Dress Sold for Over $7,000
The dress worn by actress Keira Knightley at the 2006 Oscars was finally auctioned online Monday May 1st, 2006 for more than $7,000 on auction website eBay. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the charity Oxfam.
The auction of the Vera Wang designed gown is reported to be part of Oxfam's 20 million pound ($36.4 million) appeal for 11 million East Africans facing starvation from a drought.
"We hope it will go even higher over the next couple of days. We had no idea how much interest there would be and so we are very pleased. People should be aware that £4,000 would be enough money to feed 5,000 children in Tanzania, who are facing the worst food crisis they have known, for a whole month." Spokeswoman for Oxfam says.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch