Keira's 2006 Oscars Dress Sold for Over $7,000
The dress worn by actress Keira Knightley at the 2006 Oscars was finally auctioned online Monday May 1st, 2006 for more than $7,000 on auction website eBay. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the charity Oxfam.
The auction of the Vera Wang designed gown is reported to be part of Oxfam's 20 million pound ($36.4 million) appeal for 11 million East Africans facing starvation from a drought.
"We hope it will go even higher over the next couple of days. We had no idea how much interest there would be and so we are very pleased. People should be aware that £4,000 would be enough money to feed 5,000 children in Tanzania, who are facing the worst food crisis they have known, for a whole month." Spokeswoman for Oxfam says.
More Keira Knightley News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame