Keira's 2006 Oscars Dress Sold for Over $7,000
The dress worn by actress Keira Knightley at the 2006 Oscars was finally auctioned online Monday May 1st, 2006 for more than $7,000 on auction website eBay. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the charity Oxfam.
The auction of the Vera Wang designed gown is reported to be part of Oxfam's 20 million pound ($36.4 million) appeal for 11 million East Africans facing starvation from a drought.
"We hope it will go even higher over the next couple of days. We had no idea how much interest there would be and so we are very pleased. People should be aware that £4,000 would be enough money to feed 5,000 children in Tanzania, who are facing the worst food crisis they have known, for a whole month." Spokeswoman for Oxfam says.
More Keira Knightley News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video